oh so fashionable
My jointed, squeaky, fancy, British [so I'm told] damn-near heirloom teddy bear is now sporting newborn sized diapers.
Yeah...
Mr.Q and I have been trying to buy a couple of things a week for babyQ's room so that we don't get hit all at once with oh shit! we forgot _________. This week was diaper week. Mr.Q recalled that he's never really handled a diaper, let alone put one on a baby. So, after arriving home and as soon as I was settled comfortably in front of the tv with my feet up [see previous post], he scuttled upstairs with the diapers and absconded with my bear. I followed and got there in time to watch him trying to figure front from back, how to fold down the belly button panel and get the entire diaper onto the backside of my bear.
It's a good thing Mr.Q is an engineer.
However, we did have to discuss that it's better to try and get the diaper on a baby without having to pick the baby up, flip it over and spin it around. Once we got over that, I think we were all good.
Now, it's been a while for me, too and I did have to get past the fact there is no real sticky tape involved here - the tabs appear kind of uber-soft velcro like - and I'm still rather leery of how well they will work. But, for the cost of newborn diapers, somebody must have put a lot of time into making sure they work.
And, for the cost of newborn diapers, no more will be used as stuffed animal test diapers. Mr.Q will just have to wait and figure it out in real time.
**********
Welcome to The Weatherman! He's my sidebar tenant this week and writes a good read on his ongoing house hunt, travels and the odd bit of country music and car racing [for which we will forgive him]. Be sure to click over!
Yeah...
Mr.Q and I have been trying to buy a couple of things a week for babyQ's room so that we don't get hit all at once with oh shit! we forgot _________. This week was diaper week. Mr.Q recalled that he's never really handled a diaper, let alone put one on a baby. So, after arriving home and as soon as I was settled comfortably in front of the tv with my feet up [see previous post], he scuttled upstairs with the diapers and absconded with my bear. I followed and got there in time to watch him trying to figure front from back, how to fold down the belly button panel and get the entire diaper onto the backside of my bear.
It's a good thing Mr.Q is an engineer.
However, we did have to discuss that it's better to try and get the diaper on a baby without having to pick the baby up, flip it over and spin it around. Once we got over that, I think we were all good.
Now, it's been a while for me, too and I did have to get past the fact there is no real sticky tape involved here - the tabs appear kind of uber-soft velcro like - and I'm still rather leery of how well they will work. But, for the cost of newborn diapers, somebody must have put a lot of time into making sure they work.
And, for the cost of newborn diapers, no more will be used as stuffed animal test diapers. Mr.Q will just have to wait and figure it out in real time.
Welcome to The Weatherman! He's my sidebar tenant this week and writes a good read on his ongoing house hunt, travels and the odd bit of country music and car racing [for which we will forgive him]. Be sure to click over!
4 Comments:
Don't worry the tabs work, it got to the point that my husband could not get them off he just started to rip and tear...
ripping and tearing, eh? I think that, with Mr.Q, it will depend on whether it's 3am or a more reasonable hour whether or not demolishing becomes involved! :D With me, I doubt it'll take long at all.
You are going to LOVE the velcro. The bad part about the tape, and the part I was dreading before I found out about the velcro,was that if that little sticky tab ended up hitting the diaper in the wrong place it was bye bye diaper. Now with the velcro Mr. Q can be as precise as he likes, attaching and reattaching until each tab and the baby line up in perfect symetry.
but maybe that is just me.
lol - nah, I'm pretty sure it will be Mr.Q too... :D
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home