let reality sink in
It may just be due to the hormones but, after seeing one of those baby shows for the first time since having Mae Gwyn, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry or just write the mother of all tirades [no pun intended] to the network.
Never mind that everything wraps up perfectly in under half an hour, I was always intrigued by how many people and how much equipment must be rammed into one of those rooms. Now, I've had to revise that estimate even more; apparently, there is also an entire professional hair and make up team available to the labouring woman throughout the entire ordeal. Forget the drugs, these ladies also get a spa! Granted, vast parts of them - emotionally and physically - get put on television, but at least they get to look good doing it.
Never mind that everything wraps up perfectly in under half an hour, I was always intrigued by how many people and how much equipment must be rammed into one of those rooms. Now, I've had to revise that estimate even more; apparently, there is also an entire professional hair and make up team available to the labouring woman throughout the entire ordeal. Forget the drugs, these ladies also get a spa! Granted, vast parts of them - emotionally and physically - get put on television, but at least they get to look good doing it.
2 Comments:
You must be refering to "A Baby Story". I remember watching that show every day at noon when I was pregnant with my 2nd.
I remember seeing so many women have epidurals & thinking" Wow, it doesn;t even look like they are in labor at all!" I was debating on having an epidural with my second but in the end I didn't.
So how is baby Gwyn?? Is she letting you get any rest??
a little rest - I have to convince myself that it's okay to get a little more during the day when she sleeps, but so far so good... :D
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home