October 16, 2006

the evolution of the English language

In my effort to enhance babyQ's 4 month old vocabulary and further encourage her love of [drooling on] books, I read her a new selection from her library about a dragon who demands her share of baked goods in return for not torching the castle:

The Muffin Muncher.

You can't tell me that the author, the illustrator, the editor and the publisher all glossed over that one without one eyebrow raised or lip smirked.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rainypete said...

hehehe

Oct 16, 2006, 4:38:00 p.m.  
Blogger Hillary said...

uh oh, I'm feeling dumb, I don't get it.

But OH MY GOSH! I totally remember that series of books! Serendipity was the one I remember. Wow, it's amazing how vividly such an ancient memory can come flying back!

Oct 16, 2006, 7:13:00 p.m.  
Blogger Jenn said...

make sure your grandmother's not reading over your shoulder and see here... :P

Yeah, though, I got 1/2 dozen of that series - including Serendipity - all former inhabitants of my bookshelf. I have no idea where my mother stored them all these years, but I guess she did!

Oct 16, 2006, 7:46:00 p.m.  
Blogger Krista said...

Well, they were written in the 70's :-)

I grew up reading them too!

Oct 16, 2006, 7:53:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Muffin Muncher.

That is awesome. Then after she torches the castle she plays softball and goes to a gay pride parade.

I would totally buy that book.

Oct 17, 2006, 6:01:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home