preparing for the second wave
Having gladly accepted a preliminary invitation for Thanksgiving dinner at a friend's house [one of those friends who has the awe inspiring capacity to throw huge parties with tonnes of food and tonnes of people and tonnes of booze with less than 6 hours notice], I went home and put in my calendar.
Not three hours later, we find out that the InLaws have the week of October 3 off and are planning on coming out for a visit [coincidentally, I have the same week off... during this brief portion of the phone conversation, on which I was eavesdropping, my blood pressure reached new heights]. How did we feel about...say...the 7 through the 10th??
Sigh.
Now, I have to cook Thanksgiving dinner and use my china and it won't be nearly as mouth-watering as T's will be. But at least Mr. Q, aka Allergy Boy, will get to eat.
Not three hours later, we find out that the InLaws have the week of October 3 off and are planning on coming out for a visit [coincidentally, I have the same week off... during this brief portion of the phone conversation, on which I was eavesdropping, my blood pressure reached new heights]. How did we feel about...say...the 7 through the 10th??
Sigh.
Now, I have to cook Thanksgiving dinner and use my china and it won't be nearly as mouth-watering as T's will be. But at least Mr. Q, aka Allergy Boy, will get to eat.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home