Run Away!!
And so, the pregnancy is out there. Phone calls have been made and emails have been sent. I must now get call display to prepare myself for the onslaught of phone calls from my mother - though, to her credit, she only subsequently called twice on the day we told my parents. The scary thing? It took me about 15 minutes to convince her initially that I was, indeed, pregnant. My dad took less than a second.
Despite the general inappropriateness of timing that I mentioned in the previous post [oh yeah, and there was also telling my friends about the passing of a fellow we went to high school with - an unexpected thing that I don't think has fully sunk in yet], we've received our batch of obligatory congrats.
And that's good, because my gut is no longer staying where it should. I had my hair done on Friday and I'm hoping that will tide me over at work [something's different...] until I divulge at the meeting on Wednesday.
As a result of our now public pregnancy, Mr. Q and I were blatantly running around the baby furniture sections of the mall, in full view of everyone else and, I have to say, it was a little weird. I mean, we weren't sneaking or anything. Yes, it is early to be perusing, but we have a chance to get our hands on a second hand Peg Perego stroller for a disturbingly decent price; Mr. Q still has to verify it's complete and total functionality, but aesthetically, it's in decent shape. So, we just had to go comparison shopping.
It will be nice to get to the pregnant looking stage and past the stage of "oh, she's kinda let herself go, eh?". I now almost understand the t-shirts with the lame messages like "baby on board" with an arrow. Please note: I said "almost". You have no fear of me actually ever wearing one. Perhaps proper maternity apparel will alleviate that, but it just seems way too soon to be buying maternity clothing. Maybe not.
I may not have much choice for much longer. And then, anyone who didn't know, certainly will.
Despite the general inappropriateness of timing that I mentioned in the previous post [oh yeah, and there was also telling my friends about the passing of a fellow we went to high school with - an unexpected thing that I don't think has fully sunk in yet], we've received our batch of obligatory congrats.
And that's good, because my gut is no longer staying where it should. I had my hair done on Friday and I'm hoping that will tide me over at work [something's different...] until I divulge at the meeting on Wednesday.
As a result of our now public pregnancy, Mr. Q and I were blatantly running around the baby furniture sections of the mall, in full view of everyone else and, I have to say, it was a little weird. I mean, we weren't sneaking or anything. Yes, it is early to be perusing, but we have a chance to get our hands on a second hand Peg Perego stroller for a disturbingly decent price; Mr. Q still has to verify it's complete and total functionality, but aesthetically, it's in decent shape. So, we just had to go comparison shopping.
It will be nice to get to the pregnant looking stage and past the stage of "oh, she's kinda let herself go, eh?". I now almost understand the t-shirts with the lame messages like "baby on board" with an arrow. Please note: I said "almost". You have no fear of me actually ever wearing one. Perhaps proper maternity apparel will alleviate that, but it just seems way too soon to be buying maternity clothing. Maybe not.
I may not have much choice for much longer. And then, anyone who didn't know, certainly will.
2 Comments:
It's almost amazing the fashions that are out there for maternity wear now. The days of stretchy pants and big sweatshirts are over. Even pregnant women can look good. You should be able to avoid the crazy phrase shirts
Here's hoping! I just have to break down, go in and shop. I'll pretty much be the least pregnant person in there, but what the hey...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home