October 23, 2005

smack down

So, I survived Mommy Group. As Mr. Q suspected, it was a little AA-like [hi, my name is Jenn, and I'm pregnant...] but it was a really nice group of women, some of whom had already given birth and the rest of whom were significantly more pregnant than I.

Despite their claims that my gut really doesn't look pregnant [as if - I feel like the bloody Pillsbury dough boy], there is definitely a lot of activity and structural rearrangement going on in the abdominal region.

As a result of all this movement around the digestive system, I feel that I am now ready to challenge Mr. Q and his long-term household reign as Bodily-Functions Champion.

Now, Mr. Q has had extensive training, what with being male and being afflicted with innumberable gastro-intestinal intolerances, and can truly burp with the best of them. I will have to choose my moment carefully and keep track of his dietary indiscretions and carbonated beverage consumption, but I think I may have an outside chance.

If I wait too long, though, I won't be able to fit the Championship belt...

1 Comments:

Blogger Wildefrost said...

I just wanted to let you know that I love your blog layout. Great work on it... and looks like your porch is all set for Halloween... live spiders and all :)

Oct 23, 2005, 5:46:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home