November 06, 2006

I do a mean doggie paddle

At the moment, the Weather Network [link above] says that Vancouver is under light rain. Light rain, my ass. It's been a torrential downpour here all morning, after a torrential downpour all last night. And yesterday afternoon. And part of yesterday morning.

And that makes for a housebound babyQ. We definitely go outside in light rain - when it actually is light rain - but pounding buckets of water being slammed around by a stiff wind isn't really my idea of a pleasant outing. I get soaked, even with an umbrella, and she gets a little hothouse effect going under her plastic stroller cover. Even escaping to Starbucks for a reprieve is just way messier than it's worth. Removing a plastic stroller cover without getting a puddle of water on the baby?? ha.

I don't feel so bad for our dog - he hates the rain. And, he's now 10 1/2 and needs a great deal of convincing to go for a walk on a good day, never mind one with questionable weather. But babyQ likes her outings. It looks like we'll be relegated to a few quick trips around the block between floods for the next few days. At least, when carried, she likes holding onto the umbrella [must get photo...].

**********

When not entertaining a bored babyQ [the living room again??!!] or constructing an ark on my back patio, I'll be spending a little time at Working Mommies. They're letting me post there - how cool is that?! The link has also been added to the blogroll, so keep checking in!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Hillary said...

Ug, yeah, this morning was GROSS! I was on supervision this morning - I had to wander around for half an hour before school squishing throught the muddy puddles, blech!

And yet... clear sky and sunset this evening. We live in a wacked out place.

Nov 6, 2006, 11:39:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home