February 06, 2007

should I stay or should I go

I have a new dilemma.

WordPress.com
has done the deed and can now import from beta new Blogger. I've been happy with Blogger, really, I have. I like being able to go in and mess with my own template - something I won't be able to do at WordPress.com without shelling out a few bucks - but that is also what has been the pain in the ass. While that is theoretically alleviated in new Blogger, somewhat, I can not do the things I want to do with widgets and so I have not fully converted to the new system [mostly because of my own laziness, I'm sure]. Plus a change of platform would make a mind easing final separation between my Blogger personal, family blogs and my for-everyone-else blogs.

And I love, love, love, love the ability to have pages in WordPress. Love. And I'm ready, again, for a change. I just wasn't quite thinking a change of address.

Life was so much easier when the option simply wasn't available. Now there's setting up a template, figuring out how to redirect ... okay, neither of which are tricky. See the lazy comment above.

What do you guys think? Any serious objections or vehement pro-movers? [KG, if you read this, it seems to me that I have a vague recollection of your preferences!]

**********

The Magpie is 8 months old today! Holy crap.

**********

Notice anything new? The required reading list has grown by one: The Parent Bloggers Network is now a spot for you to check out on a regular basis. This means that you will occasionally see me posting about a product they're checking out - but I will be one of several opinions on the matter. For the full trial-by-parents of things you might just need, keep an eye on the Network!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

I know! Can you believe our babies are getting so grown up? Before we know it we will be planning the first birthday party. Eek.

Re: the wordpress thing - I've tried Live Journal, WordPress, Blogger, Vox, Bebo, and maybe one other, but the best one so far was TypePad. I did really like WordPress though but the template thing annoyed me. Heh, not much help am I?

Feb 6, 2007, 4:10:00 p.m.  
Blogger Mackey said...

Mae is 8 months old!!!!????
How in the heck did that happen? You just had her!
Before you know it she will be 8...then 18.....those little ones make life go sooo fast!

Feb 6, 2007, 11:27:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home