my house survived the onslaught
And I think I survived the Magpie's first birthday party, too. Sort of.
I managed to send the in-law contingency out for a walk this morning [in the rain!! heheh...that'll come back and bite me in the ass, but that's okay] to pick up coarse ground coffee for my new bodum which, unlike my old one, is capable of making more than 3/4 of a small mug full of coffee.
I was able to finish cleaning up and frosting the cupcakes in time for the party and the Magpie was good enough to take an appropriately timed nap. While most of the guests arrived later rather than earlier, it was a good crowd. There were no injuries among the babies, or the adults for the that matter, and the dog and cat behaved themselves. The Magpie actually did most of the fussing [teeth].
Later, after stuffing the in-laws full of salmon for supper and sending them on their way to the airport, I'm kind of pleased with how the Magpie's first birthday went.
There is one problem, though. I have a tummy ache from eating too much frosting.
I managed to send the in-law contingency out for a walk this morning [in the rain!! heheh...that'll come back and bite me in the ass, but that's okay] to pick up coarse ground coffee for my new bodum which, unlike my old one, is capable of making more than 3/4 of a small mug full of coffee.
I was able to finish cleaning up and frosting the cupcakes in time for the party and the Magpie was good enough to take an appropriately timed nap. While most of the guests arrived later rather than earlier, it was a good crowd. There were no injuries among the babies, or the adults for the that matter, and the dog and cat behaved themselves. The Magpie actually did most of the fussing [teeth].
Later, after stuffing the in-laws full of salmon for supper and sending them on their way to the airport, I'm kind of pleased with how the Magpie's first birthday went.
There is one problem, though. I have a tummy ache from eating too much frosting.
3 Comments:
Uhm, yeah right. Like a person could EVER eat TOO MUCH icing. Chuh. As if.
Happy Birthday to the Magpie!
Sounds like you manage your in-laws much better than I do. I'll try stuffing them with salmon next time.
Glad it all went well, I'm already kinda dreading our birthday party this coming weekend. Well, dreading all the work, not the party and cake etc!
Hope you are ok about being back at work.
x
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home