August 09, 2007

I was damned near run down and trampled in my own basement

And all for a little video footage.

Mr.Q came upstairs after taking out some garbage and demanded the camera. And an entire roll of paper towel. I told him that if he really needed an entire roll of paper towel he was not going to get near my camera. So, I followed him downstairs with it and risked life and limb for photos and footage of the World's Largest Spider That Tried to Eat Me.

I'm pretty sure that it was a variety of wolf spider, but I'm sure some bug-knowing folk will set me straight somewhere along the way. Regardless, it was big. It was fast. It was twitchy. It had a rather hungry look in its many eyes. It was in my basement and Mr.Q took forever to get it out.

It was finally chauffeured into the underground parking via a paint roller extension handle and a steel toed boot, where it was last seen in the vicinity of our neighbour's ragtop. I wish it a long and happy life. Far away from me. But I still need time to recover. I can't even really look at the photos at the moment, or I would have one here for you, I swear. I will put one up soon and link to the video when it's done. I may have to make Mr.Q do it. Give me a few days. I'll be better. I'll lose my fear of the basement and stop jumping every time I brush past my coat hanging on the wall or feel a stray hair on my back. I'll stop seeing twitchy motions out of the corner of my eye and I'll stop sleeping with my contacts in just so I can see the ceiling above me clearly [you know they love the ceiling...]. Really, I"ll get there.

As long as we don't find an egg sac or several hundred fast, twitchy, hungry spider babies in the months to come...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOD THAT'S TERRIBLE!!!!
I mean a WOLF SPIDER sounds like some kind of a monster werewolf spider.... OMG!!!! Sorry i'm not trying to scare you seriosly i have a phobia for spiders too allow i live in the U.K. and we don't have any poisonus ones here but still they freak me out, but don't worry you'll get over it soon i'm sure! *confiedunt face* (can't spel lol) GET WELL SOON!!!!
Alice

Aug 26, 2008, 2:12:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home