frozen dinner and a few minutes' peace
Mr.Q has taken his visiting sister and mom out for lunch while the Magpie naps. We do not have enough food in the house - shopping day being Sunday - and Mr.Q's family is a rather garrulous sort. The kind not conducive to naps. So I am eating a frozen pasta dish of questionable food value, along with some Hallowe'en candy, and getting in some computer time. I think I have the better deal.
That [shockingly] is not a slight against my in-laws, who have been very well behaved today, but I am tired and cranky and finding it very difficult to be on. The Magpie is tired and cranky, teething and virus-y and is also finding it difficult to be her completely charming little self. All of this, of course, makes me just want to take her upstairs and cuddle with her in bed where we can both chill out and read a good board book.
She, at least, is already up there resting. And that's where I'll be in a few moments, as well. 'Cause I'll need to be well rested; they're all coming back at 2:30 and bringing a cousin with them.
That [shockingly] is not a slight against my in-laws, who have been very well behaved today, but I am tired and cranky and finding it very difficult to be on. The Magpie is tired and cranky, teething and virus-y and is also finding it difficult to be her completely charming little self. All of this, of course, makes me just want to take her upstairs and cuddle with her in bed where we can both chill out and read a good board book.
She, at least, is already up there resting. And that's where I'll be in a few moments, as well. 'Cause I'll need to be well rested; they're all coming back at 2:30 and bringing a cousin with them.
Labels: NaBloPoMo
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home