November 15, 2007

I may as well pack up my things and go live a solitary life in the wilds of Scotland

I have been replaced. Brushed off, cast aside and flat out rejected.

When I went back to work, there was a couple of weeks where the Magpie was upset: upset when I left and upset with me when I returned. She was extra clingy while I was around and followed me everywhere. But, now that Mr.Q has been home with her for five months and has started taking her to - and leaving her at - daycare, she has become permanently attached to his person.

She wants to be in the same room as him. She wants to sit in his lap at the dinner table once she's done. And she gives him random hugs and kisses all the time. Oh, sure, she'll give me a hug and a kiss if Mr.Q asks her to. And they're sincere enough.

But, as soon as the cursory hug and kiss are through, she then turns to me and waves her little hand and says buuuyyyye.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger soccer mom in denial said...

Can I join you in Scotland?

She'll come back to you. My daughter is in one of these only-daddy-can-put-me-to-bed stages which is kinda tough for her since he works late every, single night.

Nov 17, 2007, 8:57:00 a.m.  
Blogger jodifur said...

Michael only ever wants Daddy. And he has been this way since he was really little. It sucks, but it also means I get ME time, b/c he only wants Doug on the weekends.

Nov 18, 2007, 3:36:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home