odd endings
[yes, things are still out of whack in the formatting here. I took a quick look at the template but, barring removing the image in the corner, I'm not sure where to start. status quo for now...]
We had our final choir performance for the year this past Wednesday at the Cottage Bistro (see link above). It's unfortunate that it has to be on a Wednesday, but it always is. As a result, I leave as soon as everything that I'm involved with is done and I subsequently miss all the solos that everyone has worked on outside of class time. It's disgustingly unsupportive of me, but I have to be able to function at work the next day. The bistro was empty, but for the choir and SigOthers. That is, actually, enough to take up a good 3/4 + of the place. Any poor soul who happens in after 7:30pm on a night we perform is pretty much SOL in terms of getting a table or quick service. The acoutsics were hiddeous, the mikes were at different levels and we fairly butchered a couple of songs that are passable in other venues. Having said that, we dead-on nailed a signficant number of pieces and pulled off a few others that have otherwise had less than illustrious careers in our membership. And it's always a good social thing, if absolutely nothing else.
But, as I was leaving between the 2nd and 3rd sets, it became apparent that I wasn't going to see quite a few people ever again [seriously, in all likelihood, there are several whom I will literally never see again. there are a few that I will make the effort to keep in touch with, but we'll have to see...] A large segment of the choir has decided to move on this year. A few people are moving overseas, one has other commitments, one wants something less involved and there are a few others whose reasons weren't discussed in our brief parting.
The choir leader, however, made the point of indicating that I should call her. Which I will, of course. I was going to anyway. But, in light of recent information, I find it interesting. This is the same choir leader who, a few weeks ago, asked me what I thought of this past year, as she was getting the feeling that not everyone was into it. This being my first year in the auditioned choir, I had nothing to compare to...but I guess she was onto something.
It's an odd thing. And, assuming that I get through the auditions again in the fall, will make for a slightly odd start to things next season.
We had our final choir performance for the year this past Wednesday at the Cottage Bistro (see link above). It's unfortunate that it has to be on a Wednesday, but it always is. As a result, I leave as soon as everything that I'm involved with is done and I subsequently miss all the solos that everyone has worked on outside of class time. It's disgustingly unsupportive of me, but I have to be able to function at work the next day. The bistro was empty, but for the choir and SigOthers. That is, actually, enough to take up a good 3/4 + of the place. Any poor soul who happens in after 7:30pm on a night we perform is pretty much SOL in terms of getting a table or quick service. The acoutsics were hiddeous, the mikes were at different levels and we fairly butchered a couple of songs that are passable in other venues. Having said that, we dead-on nailed a signficant number of pieces and pulled off a few others that have otherwise had less than illustrious careers in our membership. And it's always a good social thing, if absolutely nothing else.
But, as I was leaving between the 2nd and 3rd sets, it became apparent that I wasn't going to see quite a few people ever again [seriously, in all likelihood, there are several whom I will literally never see again. there are a few that I will make the effort to keep in touch with, but we'll have to see...] A large segment of the choir has decided to move on this year. A few people are moving overseas, one has other commitments, one wants something less involved and there are a few others whose reasons weren't discussed in our brief parting.
The choir leader, however, made the point of indicating that I should call her. Which I will, of course. I was going to anyway. But, in light of recent information, I find it interesting. This is the same choir leader who, a few weeks ago, asked me what I thought of this past year, as she was getting the feeling that not everyone was into it. This being my first year in the auditioned choir, I had nothing to compare to...but I guess she was onto something.
It's an odd thing. And, assuming that I get through the auditions again in the fall, will make for a slightly odd start to things next season.
1 Comments:
your blog layout is nice. i like fungi
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home