February 19, 2006

one down, one to go

Another weekend with the in-laws has been survived, albeit tiredly.

Everyone was well behaved and the in-law contingency stayed in a hotel for the night, so that made for a quieter morning and less post-company laundry.

Now there is just next weekend, beginning early - on Thursday - with my parents. They, too, are staying at a hotel this time. The guest room is completely over-run with crap from the basement and soon-to-be-baby room and is nearly impossible to find the floor, never mind the bed. That does tend to deter overnighters.

And now, we must go grocery shopping for food for the next few days. If a crowded room doesn't confirm guests' desire to check out the motel down the street, an empty fridge often cinches the deal.

If nothing else, it certainly raises their eyebrows and gives them fodder when phoning siblings later to discuss their visits.

It's the least I can do.

3 Comments:

Blogger TotalChaos said...

Well, we don't get the parents anymore, so we are in good shape, that way, but it does get lonesome sometimes. The kids are working and live too far away. Thank you for stopping in and commenting.

Feb 19, 2006, 9:21:00 p.m.  
Blogger TotalChaos said...

By the way, all of us are born right handed, only the greatest of us can overcome it.

Feb 19, 2006, 9:23:00 p.m.  
Blogger Jenn said...

ah, no, I know - we do appreciate and enjoy everyone's visits. I just foresee many, many, many visits in the near future...

re: over coming right handedness - with the way the world is set up, I think I'm still over coming it most days!

Feb 19, 2006, 10:48:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home