January 31, 2007

3 am epiphany

Teeth.

In an of itself, teeth is a soothing word to say: a little touch of the tongue, a long, slow vowel sound ending on a soft wispy th.

Sleep.

The same number of letters as teeth and also a soothing word to say with its sibilant s start, followed by the same long, slow vowel and ending with a little pop of p.

Two words: so soothing, so similar and yet so incredibly and completely incompatible.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Hehe, great post. I love reading things like this.

p.s. I watched your Sunday video, but being lazy and watching it off my RSS list I didn't come comment.. but I do hope that you get the best possible news :-)

Jan 31, 2007, 11:15:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about Peeped? That means in mommy language pooped out! No sleep anymore! Teeth the issue as as well!

Mrs. Mogul

Jan 31, 2007, 3:05:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like thinking about sleep and teeth at the same time, because that usually means that I'm dreaming that they're falling out.
Dream..."dreem"...hmmm.

Feb 2, 2007, 4:04:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home