in which I pretend that I do not have company
We left early this morning for a big walk down along the banks of the Fraser River [many photos to be posted over the next few days].
However, the leaving was rushed since Mr.Q decided we were leaving now and didn't tell anyone and I was sore, tired and coffeeless. I may have been a touch abrupt....as I would have been, should have been and expect to be. In the comfort of my own home, with no company present. However, my mother is here. And, yes, since it has been nearly 15 years since I lived at home, she has shifted into the company category.
So now I have to ask myself: do I spend so very much energy faking it in front of company? In public? In front of my good friends? Or [gasp!] online? Okay, no, not online. Usually. Am I wont to be such abitch uninhibited speaker that I must prescreen everything that leaves my mouth in front of anyone and everyone?
Maybe once my allergies have passed, and my aches and pains with them, I'll be able to stop coughing out whatever words pass through my head and trip tactlessly off my tongue.
However, the leaving was rushed since Mr.Q decided we were leaving now and didn't tell anyone and I was sore, tired and coffeeless. I may have been a touch abrupt....as I would have been, should have been and expect to be. In the comfort of my own home, with no company present. However, my mother is here. And, yes, since it has been nearly 15 years since I lived at home, she has shifted into the company category.
So now I have to ask myself: do I spend so very much energy faking it in front of company? In public? In front of my good friends? Or [gasp!] online? Okay, no, not online. Usually. Am I wont to be such a
Maybe once my allergies have passed, and my aches and pains with them, I'll be able to stop coughing out whatever words pass through my head and trip tactlessly off my tongue.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home