February 08, 2008

another episode of things I've learned, now with haiku!


nobody told us
before the Magpie was born
we'd always be sick

***

daycare brings new friends
adventures, playtime and art
viruses transfer

***

coughing is stupid
wimpy, hacking from tickles
mostly at midnight

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Magpie said...

after about the first year, the sickness abates. and they say you're in much better shape when you hit kindergarten - but we're not there yet!

Feb 9, 2008, 5:28:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it takes about a year to go through exposing yourself to all the viruses. When I was teaching, I was sick throughout my first year but after that, things improved to where I only caught the major things I was exposed to!

Feb 9, 2008, 12:11:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It happens a lot at the beginning. Then you build up your immunity to most things.

Feb 9, 2008, 1:09:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home