June 12, 2007

because everyone needs fishnets and nursing pads

So, how did everyone around here survive yesterday?

Surprisingly well.

I have to say that knowing that she was home with Mr.Q made everything pretty much okay. I mean, I've gone for four hour hair appointments, so really, this wasn't that much longer.... Yes, I did call home. Yes, I did harass pester interrogate make sure everything was going okay. And, yes, I did snatch her away from Mr.Q the second I got in the door.

Okay, that was in part because my poor, beleaguered boobs were busting at the seams. Literally. I had to stuff toilet paper down my bra today and, for the first time in my life, I would have been happy if it had somehow un-enhanced my cleavage.

And, yes, she was happy to see me, but there was no terrible realisation on her part that I had been gone all day. She was not excessively clingy and let me put her to bed with no problems. She did her usual thing.

She doesn't really need me.

ouch.

The dog was the only one who seemed to acknowledge that something was up today. For the rest of us, it seems to have been a one-off: a different kind of day, but nothing we can't handle.

Give me a few more of these days in a row and I'll let you know how I - and the Magpie and Mr.Q - feel about it then... Maybe, just fine.

**********

Overheard outside Starbucks this past Sunday morning before we went grocery shopping:

...people are still going to go to Shoppers [Drug Mart] even if the hookers do shop there...

Yes, I'll admit that I took a look at the two women between whom this comment was shared. I'm not a worldly enough girl to tell you with any certainty what their chosen professions were.

**********

note to self: remember to wear nursing pads to work today. Also, get more from Shoppers.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Awww well done on getting through your first day! It's so not easy. I still remember my first day back at work when Amelia was little, and I didn't enjoy it!

Jun 12, 2007, 11:19:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home